Calgary Women in Energy will be donating blood at 4:30 pm on Wednesday, September 21st at 737 - 13 Ave SW. If you're interested in joining the group, please contact Shauna Holmes.
Share these tips with everyone joining your group donation:
1. Make sure you have had a substantial meal
2. Be well hydrated – start drinking one - two litres of water in the days before you donate and at least one litre the day of your donation
3. Get some rest – make sure you have had a good night’s sleep prior to donating
4. Feel well the day you donate (no sore throat, cold, etc)
5. Bring your Blood Donor Card or photo ID (identification with full name and signature, or full name and photograph required)
Am I Eligible to Donate?
Canadian Blood Services is dedicated to ensuring the safety of our blood supply. The criteria is designed to ensure it is safe for you to donate, and to minimize risk to the recipients of your valuable donation. As an example, you may not be able to donate for a temporary period of time if you have recently travelled to a malaria risk area. Visit the links below for more information.
Question about your eligibility to donate? Call 1 888 2 DONATE (1-888-236-6283) and ask to speak with a Nurse. Our staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.